Once upon a time we all believed that face washes can remove all makeup sitting on your face, we called it a day and hit snooze. But then the Korean skincare regime showed up on the internet and took it by storm. Hence, double cleansing came into our lives. Now our skincare routines will never look the same.
Turns out our usual soap with water combo (and micellar wipes) isn’t going to remove all that gunk and grime off our face after a full day at work.
So what is double cleansing and how do we do it? In this blog we are going to answer all your questions and more.
WHAT IS IT?
Double cleansing is a method of removal of makeup in more than just one step. It involves an emulsion/ oil based cleanser. Then finishing off with a water based cleanser and voila happy skin.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
It can help remove stubborn, pore-clogging and acne-causing impurities that can remain on the skin even after washing your face once with your regular face wash. The first (oil based) cleanser will break down any makeup, remove dirt and excess oils from the day and clean your skin. The second cleanser will address your particular skin type or concern. Doing both steps will assure that your skin is left squeaky clean and any treatment and moisturizing is actually going to help.
WHAT DO WE SUGGEST?
The best oil based cleansers are nothing but cleansing balms. The oil component of cleansing balms latches onto impurities better than any normal cleanser. Not only do they cleanse but also help the skin retain its moisture from the oil content present in them.
Here are our intricately and naturally made cleansing balms that hook you to them.
Rose & Oats Cleansing Balm:
Gotu kola & Jasmine Cleansing Balm:
Blue Tea & Blue Tansy Cleansing Balm:
WHO CAN USE IT?
We can take you by surprise by cleansing balms can be used by literally EVERYONE. No exceptions. If you have sensitive skin you still can. Cleansing balms are brilliant for all skin types.
HOW TO USE CLEANSING BALMS?
- Take a scoop of cleansing balm and warm it between your fingers.
- Massage the balm gently into your face and neck. If you’re wearing eye makeup, spend a little more time massaging this area (you’ll actually feel the makeup dissolve under your fingers). So this will help to remove makeup, sweat and any other oil that has accumulated on your skin.
- Now wash your face with lukewarm water (that’s all)
- Optional step - Follow it up with a water based cleanser like this one (for acne prone skin) or this one (for that glow)
- Tone and moisturize as you normally would.
Now keep your skin and makeup woes at bay with double cleansing. We bet we got you hooked.